From a young age, Karen Steele has understood the importance of maintaining good health. As a result of being inactive and eating unhealthy foods, she grew up facing conditions such as childhood obesity, high cholesterol and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Karen has also experienced chronic back pain and herniated discs, which left her debilitated and unable to walk properly for months. All of these challenges are what specifically motivated Karen to transform herself and her life - ultimately inspiring her to go back to school and turn her passion for health and fitness into a career.
Initially, Karen began her fitness journey by becoming a CanFitPro Personal Training Specialist. Since then she has continued to expand her knowledge by obtaining a diploma in Health and Fitness Promotion from George Brown College and winning the Dean’s Award for the top mark in the program. She has participated in numerous fitness-related courses, is also currently working towards becoming a Registered Holistic Nutritionist through the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition.
Karen approaches both fitness and nutrition from a holistic viewpoint, and has always had a flare for physique training. Her interests in weight loss and body transformation are what lead her into bodybuilding, and as an athlete she achieved great success as a fitness model and figure competitor. Although Karen no longer competes, she still enjoys resistance training through a wide variety of modalities, and maintains her competitive drive by running in half-marathons.
Today, Karen has succeeded in overcoming all of her personal health challenges. She openly shares her story to inspire others about the power of personal change, and seeks to empower her clients to make positive and impactful changes in their lives.
Whether your goals are to improve your health and fitness, transform your body, alleviate pain, or end up on a competition stage - Karen will be there to coach you every step of the way!
- Bachelor of Design, York University/Sheridan College
- Bachelor of Arts, York University
- Health and Fitness Promotion Diploma, George Brown College
- Holistic Nutrition, Canadian School of Natural Nutrition (in progress)
- Experienced figure athlete
- CanFitPro Personal Trainer Specialist (PTS)
- CanFitPro Fitness Instructor Specialist (FIS)
- CanFitPro Healthy Eating & Weight Loss Coach (HWL)
- CPR and Emergency First Aid
- Functional Movement Systems, Level 1
- TRX Certified
- Darby Training Systems, Level 1 (in progress)